Nov 23, 2011

The Birth Of A New Day

By Zoha Jabbar

Rivulets of gold run through onyx sky at the first light of day. The sun rises, a magnificent orb of light, forming a halo over the vast ocean. The distant waves rise to welcome a new day, a fresh beginning. The warm sand is soft beneath my feet and I breathe in the sea-scented air which gently caresses my face.

Like brushstrokes on a giant canvas, streaks of beautiful colours appear in the sky as the sun climbs upwards. Tea-pink gives way to amber and topaz, which soon turns to a saffron shaded glow, reflected in the clear water below.

I lean back on my elbows and allow the rich light to wash over me, filling me with joy. Is there a better way to start the day? Can morning time get any more wonderful?

There is little in this world more awe-inspiring than a sunrise over the open water. It is no wonder that the Ancient Greeks spoke of the fire chariot being drawn across the sky. The horizon is a gorgeous sight; Gaea rising up to meet Helios, her lover, and they are locked in an eternal embrace that stretches to as far as the eye can see.

The sea reflects God's masterpiece in the sky, magnifying it, doubling its beauty.Shimmering iridescence adds to the magnificence of the moment, as though the ocean and sky were trying to outdo each other.

I close my eyes and raise my arms heavenwards, and all of time appears to stand still, bathing me in the radiance of the new day. I am a part of Creation, a part of Nature. I belong here, I know I have a place in the grand scheme of things. I'm ready to embrace the world, one breathtaking moment at a time.

4 comments:

Farwa Haider said...

This is so beautifully spiritual. Well done!

Afnan Imran said...

This so vivid! I especially like the greek mythology component.

Reja Younis said...

Wow! Your writing has the capability to really absorb the reader. I felt myself get lost in the scene you were illustrating. It's beautiful! :)

Zoha Jabbar said...

Thank you so much! :)

Post a Comment